- Vermicelli (roasted) - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Mixed vegetables (carrot,peas,potato etc - 1 cup
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1 (optional)
- Mint leaves
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tblsp
- Coconut milk - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Elachi - 1
- Cinnamon A small piece
- Cloves -1
- Star anise a small portion
- Fennel 1 tsp
- Ginger 1 inch
- Green chillies 4
- Garlic 5 flakes
1. Ghee Roast the vermicelli in medium flame for few minutes.
2. Grind the items given under ‘to grind’ table to a smooth paste with very less water.
3. Heat a cooker or a heavy bottomed pad with oil and temper with the items like jeera, bay leaves .
4. Add sliced onion fry till onion turns just transparent and add the ground paste. Fry in medium flame for 2-3 minutes,taking care to not to burn it.
5. Add the chopped veggies along with tomatoand the mint and coriander leaves and fry in medium flame for 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk and bring to boil,add required salt.
6. Then add the vermicelli.Let it boil till it absorbs all the coconut milk and then keep the flame in lowest possible and cook covered for 4-5 minutes.
7. Enjoy with Raitha of your choice !!
8.Remember no water is added, just coconut milk. You can lighten the coconut milk with water to the measure.