My mom used to make meen kozambhu and I have always been a big fan of this fish curry and my blog will be incomplete without this as it has lot of memories of the old times :). She usually saves it for the next day, yes it is tastier when it settles for sometime.I tried it out with Tilapia bcos we get those fresh here :).Soo easy to make and very tasty.
- Tilapia Fillets 3 (Cubed)
- Onion - 1 big
- Garlic pods - 5-6 (chopped)
- Ginger - 2 inch (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 3
- Tomatoes - 1 big
- Chilli powder
How to make it :
- Cube the fishes and mix it with chilli powder, turmeric and some salt and let it marinate for sometime.
- Take a pan add some oil and saute the fillets gently on medium flame until it turns colors. This is just to make the fish firm so that it does not dissolve in the gravy.
- Take a kadai and add oil and green chillies and onions and let it saute well.
- Then add the chopped garlic and ginger. Saute them until you get the aroma.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and chilli powder and turmeric powder and let it cook until an aroma comes. Add some water and tamarind paste and let it cook.
- Once the curry is cooked, add the tilapia fish into the curry and literally do not stir. Let it cook for like 5 mins on medium flame and switch it off.
- Let it settle for sometime for it to be more tastier. Serve it with hot rice. Enjoy!!