I really wanted to post this Tofu gravy the first time i made it, but was too lasy to take potos ;).. Its time now for this mouth watering dish to get into my blog :). Tofu is a very good substitute for vegetarians :), highly nutritious.
- Extra firm Tofu - 10-15 pieces (cubed)
- Onions - 1 large
- Tomatoes - 2 medium
- Bell pepper - 1 (It adds lots of flavour)
- Coriander Power - 11/2 spoon
- Garam masala - 1/2 spoon
- Coconut milk - 1 or 2 spoons (optional )
- Chilly powder - 1 spoon
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 spoon
- Seasoning - Cloves,Bay leaf,Cinnamon
- Soy sauce - 1 spoon
How to make it:
- Take the pan and add oil to it. Add the seasoning stuff and sauté it. Then add thinly sliced onions. Let it fry for a minute then ginger garlic paste and add the cubed Tofu in the pan. Let the tofu get fried till it becomes golden brown on all sides.
- Now add the bell pepper and let it fry for sometimes. Make sure its crunchy!!
- Now add all the masalas into it - coriander powder,chilly powder,garam masala,turmeric powder,salt and let it fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes and little soy sauce and water as necessary and let it cook until the raw smell goes off. make sure you don't break the tofu pieces.
- Now garnish with Cilantro and serve hot with Chappathis or Tortillas. Enjoy!!